Orlando, Florida is a popular vacation destination for families with young children. With a wide range of child-friendly activities, restaurants, accommodations, and outdoor and indoor activities, Orlando offers something for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top things to do, see, and experience when traveling to Orlando with young children.
Top 15 Child-Friendly Activities in Orlando
- Disney World: The ultimate family vacation destination, Disney World is a must-visit for families with young children. With four theme parks, two water parks, and a range of dining and entertainment options, there’s something for everyone.
- Universal Studios: Another great theme park, Universal Studios offers a range of exciting rides and attractions for kids of all ages.
- Legoland: The Legoland theme park is a great place for kids to build, create, and play.
- SeaWorld: Get up close and personal with marine life at this popular theme park.
- Gatorland: See live alligators and other wildlife at this unique park.
- Magic Kingdom: This classic Disney theme park is perfect for families with young children.
- Hollywood Studios: Take a behind-the-scenes look at the movie-making process at this fun park.
- Kennedy Space Center: Learn about space exploration and NASA at this exciting center.
- Airboat Rides: Get a unique view of the Florida wetlands on an airboat ride.
- Fun Spot America: This amusement park is great for families with young children, with a range of rides and attractions.
- Pirate’s Dinner Adventure: Enjoy a pirate-themed dinner show with your kids.
- WonderWorks: Explore the science behind some of life’s greatest mysteries at this interactive museum.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: This odditorium is full of strange and interesting exhibits that kids will love.
- The Florida Mall: This large shopping mall is a great place for families to spend a day shopping and dining.
- The Holy Land Experience: Take a step back in time to biblical times at this unique park.
Top 5 Child-Friendly Restaurants
- Shake Shack: This fast casual chain serves up burgers, hot dogs, shakes, and more. Reviewers rave about the delicious food and friendly staff, making it a great option for families with young children.
- The Griddle Cafe: This sit-down restaurant in Hollywood is known for its giant pancakes, omelets, and breakfast sandwiches. Kids will love the fun, family-friendly atmosphere, and adults will appreciate the delicious food.
- L&E Oyster Bar: This fine dining seafood restaurant in Silver Lake has a relaxed, kid-friendly atmosphere and serves up a variety of fresh oysters, fish, and other seafood dishes. Reviewers love the high-quality food and the friendly, attentive staff.
- Nickel Diner: This retro-themed sit-down restaurant in downtown Los Angeles serves up classic diner fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and milkshakes. Kids will love the fun atmosphere, and adults will appreciate the delicious food.
- The Pizza Plant: This sit-down pizzeria in Beverly Hills serves up artisanal pizzas, pastas, and salads in a family-friendly atmosphere. Reviewers love the delicious food and the relaxed, casual vibe.
Top 3 Hotels or Places to Stay
- Luxury Option: Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort. A top-rated luxury resort with a range of amenities and activities for families.
- Family-Friendly Option: Hilton Orlando. A large hotel with a range of family-friendly amenities and activities.
- Budget/Value Option: Red Roof Inn Orlando. A budget-friendly hotel with a convenient location near major attractions.
Top Outdoor Activity
Wekiwa Springs State Park. This park offers a range of outdoor activities, including hiking, swimming, and more. With a variety of trails, this park is perfect for families with young children. Visitors enjoy the clear springs, diverse wildlife, and scenic hiking trails.
Top Indoor Activity for Rainy Days
Crayola Experience. This colorful, hands-on experience is perfect for families with young children on a rainy day. With a range of activities, including art
General Information About Orlando
- Top Neighborhoods for Families: International Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, and Winter Park are popular neighborhoods for families visiting Orlando.
- Average Weather/Best Months to Visit: Orlando has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The best months to visit are from October to May, when temperatures are more comfortable.
- Best Way to Get Around the City: The best way to get around Orlando is by car. However, many of the theme parks and attractions offer transportation options, including shuttles, buses, and monorails. Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available for families who prefer not to drive.
In conclusion, Orlando is a fantastic destination for families with young children. With a wide range of child-friendly activities, restaurants, hotels, and attractions, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in theme parks, outdoor adventures, or indoor activities, Orlando has you covered. So, pack your bags and head to this sunny destination for a family vacation you won’t soon forget!